How the campus community uses our services and collections
Interlibrary Loan Filled Loan and Copy Request for UI Students, Faculty, and Staff, By Colleges
Other ways in which we serve the local community, Iowans, and researchers around the world
- Over 1,089,000 unique visitors from 201 countries/territories, viewed 11,754,175 million pages
- Iowa Digital Library – 615,000 million page views, accessing over 439,000 local images
- Our library holdings were searched over 2.2 million times
- 988 community borrowing cards were issued
- Interlibrary Loan provided 36,044 articles to other libraries; of those, 10,077 were from our electronic journals. Some license agreements allow us to deliver these e-articles to those who can’t access them off campus.
- Interlibrary loan staff supplied 13,921 loans and copies to 93 of the 99 counties in Iowa. Out of all 52,414 filled requests, 26% of our loans went to Iowans.
Reference and Instruction
- Over 73,000 reference questions were answered (52,260 in-person, and 21,268 electronically)
- We had over 15,700 participants in 941 instructional sessions.
- 433 of our participants were middle or high school students from area schools
- 235 of our sessions were in the health sciences