How the campus community uses some of our services and collections
Other ways in which we serve the local community, Iowans, and researchers around the world
- Over 1,088,000 unique visitors from 205 countries/territories, viewed 11,064,000 million pages
- Iowa Digital Library - 786,384 page views, accessing over 160,000 unique pages
- 895 community borrowing cards were issued
- Our library resources were searched over 3.9 million times
- Interlibrary Loan provided 28,650 articles to other libraries: of those, 8,270 were from our electronic journals. Some license agreements allow us to deliver these e-articles to those who can’t access them off campus
- Interlibrary loan staff supplied 10,928 loans and copies to 91 of the 99 counties in Iowa. Out of all 45,030 filled requests, 24% went to Iowans.
Reference and Instruction
- Over 67,000 reference questions were answered (49,556 in-person, and 21,095 electronically)
- We had over 18,500 participants in 994 instructional sessions. 53% of participants were undergraduates.