Digital Sign Policy
- Requests to display ads on the Libraries digital displays will be vetted by the Strategic Communications Manager & Branch Admins. Priority will go to ads that promote events, resources and services related to the University Libraries.
- Digital signage submitted should be sent as a jpg and should have a resolution size of 1920×1080 pixels.
- Digital content must be submitted via our Digital Signage Request Form.
- Signs for events can be displayed for a maximum of one week prior to the event and will be taken immediately after the event.
- Signs for university-related resources or services will be posted for a maximum of 1 month, if space allows.
- Content must be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to when it needs to be displayed.
- Content must be appropriate for all ages.
Digital Signage Locations
Main Library & Learning Commons
- North, East and South Entrances
- 1st and 2nd floor by south elevators
Hardin Library for the Health Sciences
- 1st & 3rd floors
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd floors
Please see the Digital Signage Instructions subject guide for guidelines on creating signage.
Handouts may only be displayed on the bulletin boards in the Main Library. Any handouts found elsewhere will be taken down immediately.
Bulletin Board Procedures
- Flyers may be posted by students, faculty or staff related to the University of Iowa.
- A total of 1 paper sign may be displayed on each bulletin board. All other signs will be removed. 8.5 x 11 is preferred but 11 x 17 will be posted if space allows. Priority will go to 8.5×11 sized signs.
- Main Library staff reserves the right to remove outdated and inappropriate flyers. Main Library staff reserves the right to remove flyers at their discretion when the bulletin boards become too full.
Bulletin Board Locations
- 1st floor near the double doors to Circulation Services
- 2nd floor just off the hallway near the Music Library offices
- 3rd floor near the copier in the hallway leading east to the journals
- 1st floor near the public restrooms
Table tents may be used by library staff only. Unauthorized table tends will be taken down immediately.