Studies are not to be used as office space, storage, for meetings with students and colleagues, or for lending to others to use.
- All library books and journals should be checked out before being taken to a study. A library staff member will periodically check all studies and remove uncharged library materials. Keeping uncharged or overdue library materials in a study is grounds for revocation of the assignment.
- Studies may be shared among those eligible for assignment and sharing arrangements may be made in consultation with the Libraries’ Administration Office. The Libraries can provide keys to all occupants, but a signature is required of each and the original assigned occupant is responsible for all study activities and keys.
- Keys must be returned at the end of the assignment period. In July, the occupant will be notified by email and asked to return the study key and remove any personal property. Should the occupant not comply with these requests, the study lock will be changed and personal property returned to the occupant. If occupant knows they will be gone during the end of the assignment period, then they must arrange to return their key before the end of the study assignment.
- An occupant who does not return the key at the end of their assignment will be charged the cost of re-keying the study (this generally runs about $100).
- An occupant who loses a study key will be charged $15 for a replacement key.
- The Main Library is set up for Wi-Fi throughout the building, however, reception in some of the study rooms has not been reliable. Hard wired computer access is not available and the Libraries does not pay for installation or network activation in the study rooms. If an occupant or his/her department wants to pay the costs of ITS installation and activation of this service, s/he should contact Gary Grout, Libraries’ Facilities Coordinator (email@example.com, 335-5899) to make the arrangements. All studies have 110 volt outlets.
- No Libraries’ furniture or equipment should be introduced into a study, with the exception of an approved shared study assignment.
- Conversation, computer sound (e.g. streaming music), and cell phone use is discouraged given the ready transmission of sound between the studies.
- Coffee pots, hot plates, electric heaters and other equipment of this nature are prohibited and will be removed.
- Although research studies are normally secure, leaving personal property in the studies is done at the occupant’s risk.
- Information about a study assignment is confidential. Requests for information about where a person is assigned is provided on an exceptional basis only.
- Occupants who retire with a study assignment need to vacate the study by their retirement date.
- Please notify the Administrative Office (335-5867) of any problems with the study (lights not working, leaks, etc.)