The Libraries provides high visibility and increased access to the research data and digital collections. The descriptive information about these collections be made available to Google and Google Scholar and other services.
The Libraries provides an OAI feed of records for materials in The Iowa Digital Library and Iowa Research Online. Iowa Digital Library metadata is also available through the CONTENTdm API.
These records can be harvested through the following URLs:
Iowa Digital Library
- Base URL: http://digital.lib.uiowa.edu:81/cgi-bin/oai.exe
- Metadata formats: oai_dc, qdc
- http://digital.lib.uiowa.edu:81/cgi-bin/oai.exe?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_dc (Dublin Core)
- http://digital.lib.uiowa.edu:81/cgi-bin/oai.exe?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=qdc (Qualified Dublin Core)
- Base URL: http://digital.lib.uiowa.edu:81
- CONTENTdm API documentation: http://www.contentdm.org/help6/custom/customize2a.asp
Iowa Research Online
- Base URL: http://ir.uiowa.edu/do/oai/
- This set includes everything in IRO but not harvest from selected works (recommended for use in indexing entire collection): http://ir.uiowa.edu/do/oai/?verb=ListRecords&set=publication:harvest&metadataPrefix=oai_dc (or in Qualified Dublin Core)
- Metadata formats: oai_dc, simple-dublin-core, dcq, qualified-dublin-core
- http://ir.uiowa.edu/do/oai/?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_dc (Dublin Core)
- http://ir.uiowa.edu/do/oai/?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=dcq (Qualified Dublin Core)
- Sitemap: http://ir.uiowa.edu/siteindex.xml
Our metadata mapping can be found here:
Details of journal and books in Iowa Research Online are available as a csv file and an Excel spreadsheet, formulated for link resolvers per KBART recommendations.
The Iowa Digital Library is powered by CONTENTdm Digital Collection Management Software, currently version 6.1.4. Image collections display either JPEG2000 or JPEG formats. Video collections are delivered via a Flashmedia server, and display either MPEG-4 (H.264) or FLV formats. Audio collections are also delivered via Flashmedia in MP3 format.