THE UNIVERSITY OF IOWA LIBRARIES
IOWA CITY, IOWA
IT Support Analyst
Position Description: Reporting to the Head of Library Information Technology, the IT Support Analyst provides general desktop support, including routine installation, maintenance and support of software and hardware to Libraries’ staff in the Main Library and several branch libraries. The IT Support Analyst provides one-on-one guidance and consultation to Libraries’ staff and recommends changes to procedures and staff workflow as appropriate. This position requires the ability to work independently, often researching answers from documentation or a web search. A strong customer service ethic is required.
- Bachelor’s degree plus minimum 6 months of work experience in an IT Help Desk or Customer Service environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for anticipaqtint, recognizing and resolving technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
- Experience troubleshooting problems in a Windows environment
- Understanding or effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
- Demonstrated problem solving and organizational skills and the ability to learn new software quickly
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity in the workplace or community
- Experience troubleshooting problems in a Mac OS X and/or iOS environment
- Experience with installation, configuration and troubleshooting software applications and hardware peripherals
- Experience with library application software
- A general understanding of the mission and functions of a research library
- Working knowledge of WiFi and wireless networking
- Familiarity with mobile technology
- Collaboration and Embracing Diversity: Ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and civil manner while appreciating the unique contribution of individuals from varied cultures, race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
- Positive Impact/Achieving Results: Ability to utilize existing resources and learning to achieve or exceed desired outcomes of current and future organizational goals/needs. Ability to demonstrate ethical behavior in diverse situations while producing results.
- Service Excellence/Customer Focus: Ability to meet or exceed customer service needs and expectations and provide excellent service in a direct or indirect manner. Ability to effectively transmit and interpret information through appropriate communication with internal and external customers.
The University of Iowa Libraries: The University of Iowa Libraries system consists of the Main Library, the Hardin Library for the Health Sciences and a number of branch libraries. The Libraries has more than 5 million volumes including thousands of electronic resources and coordinates the development and maintenance of the University’s locally-created open access digital resources including the Iowa Digital Library, featuring close to a million digitized texts, images, and audio and video recordings, as well as Iowa Research Online, our institutional repository. Our Special Collections include over 200,000 rare books, ranging in age from the 15th century to newly created artists’ books.
Salary and appointment: Appointment will be made at the IT Support Analyst level (PIC1) with a salary range of $39,000 – $42,000, depending on qualifications. Start date is negotiable. The University of Iowa offers an attractive package of benefits including 24 days of paid vacation per year, your choice between two retirement plans and two University of Iowa health insurance plans, dental insurance, pre-tax child and health care spending accounts, and additional options.
Application Procedure: To apply for this position, please visit the University of Iowa Jobs@UIOWA website at http://email@example.com. To help facilitate your application process, note the requisition number 63292. Applications must be received by September 26, 2013.
THE UNIVERSITY OF IOWA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WOMEN AND MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
For more information about the University of Iowa Libraries and community, please see http://www.lib.uiowa.edu/about/employment/