Helper - Manual Temporary Position
This position is on extended posting until filled.
|Desired Qualifications:||Prefer experience with scanning equipment.|
|Duties:||Reporting to the Library Annex Manager, the Library Annex processor is responsible for the processing of close to one million items recently moved to a new storage annex, a facility located off campus.
• Responsible for lifting, transporting, accessioning, and filing books held in 10 different trays, based on size.
o Books in trays are currently located on shelving in the facility’s storage room and must be moved to the processing work room.
o Accessioning includes inputting information by scanning the barcode of each volume into the library inventory system (Alma) to accurately update each volume’s physical location. Physical location is at the tray, shelf, section, and face level.
o Use of a hand-held barcode scanner is required in the accessioning process.
o After processing, trays must be transported back to the storage room and accurately filed in the proper location, based on 10 different shelving arrangements.
• Affixes a barcode on each tray, using a configuration based on the size of the contents and the location of the tray in the storage room.
• Other duties as assigned.Required qualifications
• Attention to detail
• Good time management
• Ability to routinely move 30-50 lb.
• Demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal instructions
• Demonstrated ability to perform routine actions