Study areas are available on all 4 floors of the Hardin Library
- Group study tables are available throughout the library.
- Study carrels are available on 3rd and 4th floors.
- Group Study Room Reservation Form for group study rooms on 2nd, 3rd, 4th floors
- 1st floor near the entrance (open use)
- Groups may use Information Commons classrooms when they are not reserved for classes (open use)
- Information Commons West, 2nd floor
- 4th floor general areas
- 17 individual quiet studies are available on a first come first serve basis
To sign up for a locker or a faculty study please come to the Administrative Offices. Lockers are available at no cost and are normally distributed at the beginning of each semester on a first come-first served basis. The Administrative Offices door is usually open Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. or you can contact our secretary, Deanna Poe at 335-9871 for additional information.
A section of the library on the 3rd floor is kept open all night when the library is closed. Access is restricted to UI faculty, students, and staff with AMAG cards or AMAG-equipped badges. Computers and wireless internet are available in this area.
Apply for 24-hour study access at the 3rd floor desk during regular library hours.