Art Library

Art Library 1952

(1952)

index to color reproductions of master works, 1952

(index to color reproductions of master works, 1952)

The Art Library opened to the public on September 27, 1937.  Two small rooms in the northeast corner of the new Fine Arts Building comprised the library’s stack and reading rooms.

In the spring of 1968, the library began to move into what had been the former Main Art Gallery and west foyer at the Art Building.  In summer of 2006, the library moved into the new Art Building West.