Library Annex in the Old Armory
(formerly the Men’s Gymnasium)
1927 – 1951
The reserve library, which had occuped the Old Chemistry Building since September 1923, was moved to the “Library Annex” in 1927 and had room for 360 readers. The Serials Department and the Government Documents collection were also relocated to the Annex, which Grace Wormer described as an “antiquated, inadequate and unhealthy fire-trap”.