Instructors can place Library materials, personal textbooks, and other items on reserve for a class:
- Use the online request form or bring items in person to the Sciences Library.
- If you bring material to the Library, indicate your name and the course number.
- Loan times are usually 2 hours, though a 1- or 3-day loan is available.
- If needed, material can be restricted to use only within the Library.
- Submit items early! At busy times of the year, reserves may take up to 10 days to process.
- Materials the Library orders may require 4 to 6 weeks to arrive.
Note that personal materials may be damaged by heavy use, are stolen occasionally, or may not be returned by a borrower. The Libraries cannot replace missing or damaged personal materials.
It is the instructor’s responsibility to find out if materials fall within the “fair use” definition for teaching:
ICON and Journal Articles
You can link to online journal articles through ICON: