The Libraries provides high visibility and increased access to the research data and digital collections. The descriptive information about these collections is made available to Google and Google Scholar and other services. For information about rights associated with our metadata, please see this page.
The Libraries provides an OAI feed of records for materials in The Iowa Digital Library and Iowa Research Online. Iowa Digital Library metadata is also available through the CONTENTdm API.
These records can be harvested through the following URLs:
- Base URL: http://digital.lib.uiowa.edu/oai/oai.php
- Metadata formats: oai_dc, qdc
- http://digital.lib.uiowa.edu/oai/oai.php?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_dc (Dublin Core)
- http://digital.lib.uiowa.edu/oai/oai.php?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=qdc (Qualified Dublin Core)
- Base URL: http://digital.lib.uiowa.edu
- CONTENTdm API documentation: https://www.oclc.org/support/services/contentdm/help/customizing-website-help/other-customizations/contentdm-api-reference.en.html
- Base URL: http://ir.uiowa.edu/do/oai/
- All full text content in IRO: http://ir.uiowa.edu/do/oai/?verb=ListRecords&set=publication:fullharvest&metadataPrefix=oai_dc (or in Qualified Dublin Core)
- All content in IRO, including citation only records, excluding duplicates from “Selected Works”: (recommended for use to index entire collection): http://ir.uiowa.edu/do/oai/?verb=ListRecords&set=publication:harvest&metadataPrefix=oai_dc (or in Qualified Dublin Core)
- Metadata formats: oai_dc, dcs, qdc, oai_etdms (thesis specific)
- http://ir.uiowa.edu/do/oai/?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_dc (Dublin Core)
- http://ir.uiowa.edu/do/oai/?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=qdc (Qualified Dublin Core)
- http://ir.uiowa.edu/do/oai/?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_etdms&set=publication:etd (thesis subset of IRO using ETD-MS)
- Sitemap: http://ir.uiowa.edu/siteindex.xml
Our metadata mapping can be found here:
- General simple Dublin Core field use in IRO
- General qualified Dublin Core field use in IRO (warning: working document)
- ETD (Electronic theses and dissertations)
- General publications series
- Administrative & Technical reports
- Other series
Details of journal and books in Iowa Research Online are available as a csv file and an Excel spreadsheet, formulated for link resolvers per KBART Phase II recommendations.
A current file can always be found here (Google spreadsheet)
The Iowa Digital Library is powered by CONTENTdm Digital Collection Management Software, currently version 6.1.4. Image collections display either JPEG2000 or JPEG formats. Video collections are delivered through the Kaltura media service and will play on the default media player of each browser and system. Audio collections are delivered either through Kaltura or a Flashmedia player.
Iowa Research Online uses the Digital Commons software from bepress.
Download statistics for Iowa Research Online