UI Main Library is excited to offer a contactless pickup service for laptops, books and DVDs by appointment. The Main Library will not have an open holds shelf for the spring semester. We offer the following options for requesting library materials. Office or Home Delivery (excludes p.o. box) and Contactless Pickup.
Contactless Pickup at Main Library (Outside on the South Patio)
- Contactless pickup appointments are available M-F for UI affiliates (students, staff, faculty) and community borrowers
- Search available materials, including laptops using the library catalog InfoHawk+
- Request materials by selecting “UI Main Library Contactless by Appointment”
- Materials are often ready to be picked up in 2-5 days
- When you receive your hold notice, use the link in the email to schedule your appointment
- Arrive at the South entrance (facing CRWC & Gibson Square) during your appointment pick up window
- Call library staff when you arrive at the south doors (contact number is posted on the patio)
- You may need to bring a reusable bag or backpack. Currently, the libraries are not able to provide bags or boxes
When picking up materials, we ask that users follow these guidelines for a smooth interaction that maintains the health, safety, and well-being of both our staff and users:
- Users must wear a face covering and follow JCPH guidelines
- Arrive on-time during your scheduled pickup window. Pickup times are spaced out to avoid crowding and limit personal interactions.
- If you miss your scheduled time, reschedule here.
- Please do not place returns on the cart that staff members are using to bring materials to users, and do not hand returns to staff members.
- If you are returning materials to the library, please use the outdoor book returns on the South Patio & North Entrance
- Have additional questions about this service? Check out our FAQs