- The University of Iowa Libraries employs over 200 student employees across more than 20 departments.
- We have four different classifications of student positions, each at a different pay rate and requiring a different mix of skills and qualifications.
How to Apply
- We continuously accept general applications and will keep these on file for one semester.
- To view advertising positions, visit HireaHawk. Applications received through HireaHawk will only be considered for that specific position.
- General student applications are posted and made available to student supervisors for one semester.
- You must reapply each semester to be considered for student employment in the Libraries.
- When a supervisor needs to fill an opening, they may choose candidates from the general applications or place an ad on HireaHawk.
- Applications received through HireaHawk will only be considered for the position applied for.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive, you will not be contacted unless selected for an interview.
Did You Know?
- Over 8,000 students work on-campus alone.
- Working students are more likely to graduate in 4 years.
- Working 5-20 hours per week has been shown to improve students’ GPAs.