Starting in 2006, The University of Iowa began a web archiving program using Archive-It, a subscription web archiving service from the Internet Archive that helps organizations to harvest, build, and preserve collections of digital content. Visit the University of Iowa Libraries Archive-It page to search and browse previous versions of university related websites using the way back machine.
The University of Iowa currently crawls websites in six main collections:
- Digital Projects – Selected projects by faculty, students and departments affiliated with the University of Iowa.
- Flood of 2008 Collection – University of Iowa Web pages created in the aftermath of the historic June, 2008 flood, including photographs, information about flood recovery services, financial aid, changes in class and activity schedules, and other related information.
- Iowa Women’s Archives – The following sites complement the scope of the Iowa Women’s Archives at the University of Iowa Libraries.
- University of Iowa Archives – Selected Web sites of the University of Iowa, based on enduring historical, administrative or legal value.
- University of Iowa International Writing Program – Born-digital and creative works of IWP alumni.
- University of Iowa Journals and Newsletters – Selected journals/newsletters published by the University of Iowa.
For more information about web archiving contact the digital preservation librarian: email@example.com.