The Acquisitions Department purchases resources in all formats for the University Libraries in support of our mission to build and maintain collections that meet current and future teaching and research needs.
We work closely with Collections, Finance, as well as other library units to facilitate and expedite the acquisition of resources and the processing of payments. We exercise fiscal and ethical responsibility. Acquisitions activities include the following:
- new orders and invoice review
- order maintenance and problem resolution
- vendor selection and relations
- approval plan set-up and maintenance
- claims and receipt processing
- services and support to collection management librarians, other library staff, and the larger University community