Location and Contact Information
Main Library Circulation Services
Main Library floor plan
1031 MAIN LIB
University of Iowa Libraries
100 Main Library (LIB)
125 W. Washington ST
Iowa City, IA 52242
Monday -Friday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Renew your materials, view your loans, requests, address and email.
Library users may request via InfoHawk+ that materials owned by one University of Iowa Library be sent and held for pickup at another University of Iowa Library or delivered to an office on the UI campus via campus mail.
University of Iowa Libraries General Check-Out, Renewal, and Fine Policies. Main Library Circulation Services Guidelines and Policies for:
- Faculty and Professional & Scientific Staff
- Graduate and Honors Students
- Undergraduate Students and Merit Staff
- Community Borrowers
Media Collection Circulation Policies
- 16mm films are for instruction use only. They can be checked out for the class period by the instructor and must be returned after class.
- Microfilm, microfiche, and microcards can be checked out for the same period as books, based on UI status.
- Sound effect records and audio cassettes can be checked out for two hours.
- Records can be checked out for seven days.
- Videos and equipment may be used in the Media/Reserve room for those users not eligible to receive a borrower’s permit. A picture-ID must be presented and will be held during the time the equipment and material is being used.
Documents and Forms:
Hardin Library for the Health Sciences and the Branch Libraries
Circulation Services are provided at each branch library and the Hardin Library for the Health Sciences. Check with the appropriate library for further circulation information.