Services for Visitors

Circulation Services

Iowa residents and users not affiliated with the University may, under some circumstances, be permitted to check materials out of the Libraries. Library cards can be applied for online, at Main Library Service Desk or any university library.  Books can be checked out for four weeks and periodicals for one week.  Renewals are possible and can be done online via My Account in InfoHawk+.

Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery Services

Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery services are not available for visitors or community borrowers.  Your local public library offers this service and should be contacted for further information.


Computer Access

Guest ID’s to gain access to computers can be obtained by visiting the help desk of the Main Library Service Desk , Hardin Library’s Information Desk, or any university library.

To print from campus computers, a PrintKey can be purchased from Food for Thought, food counter in the Main Library, EMRB Cafe [map] or Pat’s Diner [map].

Off-campus access to library databases and resources is not available, due to licensing restrictions.  For further information, please see the Access to Commercial Databases policy and the Appropriate use of Electronic Resources policy.