Hall of Natural Science (Macbride Hall) 1908 – 1951
During these 43 years, the Libraries’ collections grew from 64,286 volumes to over 600,000.
Interior walls were replaced with columns while Macbride Hall was under construction so the library could be “temporarily housed therein.” In 1937 the basement floor in the building was lowered and divided into two separate floors to increase shelf space.
John B. Kaiser
Jane E. Roberts