Main Library Gallery
50 Years of Star Trek
PLEASE NOTE: This exhibit is now over and the Main Library Gallery is preparing for Shakespeare's First Folio exhibit.
Celebrate 50 years of Star Trek with the University of Iowa Libraries, featuring an exhibition of rare materials documenting the history of Trek and Trekkers. With a focus on the Original Series cast on television and in film, the exhibition highlights the early years of the franchise and illustrates the key role fans played in shaping its future.
Visitors to the exhibition will see the program from the first Star Trek convention, the first Star Trek fanzine, and a wide variety of fan-produced materials. A section of the exhibition will be dedicated to the 1980s movie era, with rare documents, photographs, memos, and production materials from the papers of Nicholas Meyer, director of Star Trek II and Star Trek VI and writer of Star Trek II, Star Trek IV, and Star Trek VI.
This is a prime opportunity to experience the history of Star Trek in a way that won’t be possible anywhere else..
Future Exhibitions & Events
- April 25 – August 4 50th Anniversary of Star Trek
- August 5 – 28 Gallery closed to prepare for next exhibit
- August 29 – Sep. 25 First Folio! The Book that Gave Us Shakespeare
- Sep. 26 – Dec. 30 The Books That Made Shakespeare
- Dec. 31 – Jan 15 Gallery closed to prepare for next exhibit
- Jan 16 – April 28 Dada Centennial
- April 29 – May 14 Gallery closed to prepare for next exhibit
- May 15 – Aug. 25 Iowa Underground Press
- Aug. 26 – Sept. 10 Gallery closed to prepare for next exhibit
- Sept. 11 – Dec. 29 Iowa Women’s Archives 25th Anniversary
- Dec. 30 – Jan. 14 Gallery closed to prepare for next exhibit