print page banner

The University of Iowa Libraries

Hardin Library for the Health Sciences

Hardin Library for the Health Sciences – a Photographic History (24)

< previous | home | next >

Medical Laboratory Building, 1928-1974

During it’s 46 years in the Medical Laboratory Building, the interior of the Medical Library changed relatively little except for the ongoing expansion of the collection.  In 1966, approximately 40,000 volumes were shipped to a storage space on the Oakdale campus.  Twice a week messenger services retrieved the needed volumes as requested by users.

Medical Laboratory Building, 1928-1974