Web of Science is a multidisciplinary database that covers over 12,000 journals. It allows you 1) to search articles on a topic and 2) to track an article’s cited and citing references.
Journal Citation Reports (JCR) is the offical source to find a journal’s impact factor.
Access to Web of Science and JCR is provided by Web of Knowledge, a research platform by Thomson Reuters (formerly ISI).
Guides for Web of Science by its supplier Thomson Reuters
- Web of Science Quick Reference Guide (PDF): an introductory guide with pictorial illustrations
- Web of Science Help: an online help document that allows browsing and searching.
- Web of Science video tutorials: short video on topics such as search tips, cited reference searching, and H index.
Guides for Journal Citation Reports (JCR)
- JCR Help: an online help document that allows browsing using it index or Table of Content. (Thomson Reuters)
- Finding Impact Factors via Journal Citation Reports (Hardin Library)
For further help contact your librarians.