Books, Software, QUAC, Theses
Undergraduate: 4 week loan
Graduate, Faculty and P&S: academic year loan, due date in June
Merit Staff: 4 week loan
All materials recallable for use by others after 2 weeks.
Bound Journals, Unbound Journals, Technical Papers, Microfiche, Microfilm, and Videos
Everyone: 1 week
Everyone: 4 week
Policy on Fines for Overdue Materials
The online circulation system automatically determines all fines when borrowed materials are returned. To avoid being charged a late fine please make sure all materials are returned on time.
Tool Library Equipment Checkout Policies
WHO CAN CHECK OUT TOOLS/EQUIPMENT
- University of Iowa Faculty and Staff
- University of Iowa Students (must be enrolled during current semester)
HOW LONG CAN YOU KEEP THE EQUIPMENT
1 week (7 days)
CHECKING OUT EQUIPMENT –
- You must have your University of Iowa ID card with you to check out the equipment
- Checking out must be done in person
- Reservations, Holds, or Recalls will not be taken; the equipment is available on a first come first serve basis
- Checking out equipment for others IS NOT PERMITTED
When you are checking out equipment, make sure everything you need is present and undamaged before you leave. You are responsible for any damages or loss to the equipment at the time of return.
LATE RETURN POLICY
- Daily Fine, $4 per day with a maximum of $40
- Replacement Fee, If the item is not returned in 10 days, there will be a fee of $40 plus the cost of the item.
- Equipment MUST be returned to the Circulation Desk, the book drop is NOT to be used to return equipment
- Wait while the library assistant checks the equipment; make sure you allow enough time
- Every item that you checked out must be present
- Report equipment failure upon return to the library assistants
- If batteries or supplies need replacing notify library assistant upon return
- You will be held accountable for items missing or damaged due to neglect or misuse; you must return/replace item(s) before checking out any additional equipment
The USER is held liable to pay all costs for replacement/repair of equipment due to misuse, neglect, lost and/or stolen; you will not be permitted to check out equipment until financial restitution has been made. You will not be responsible for normal wear and aging of equipment. Unreported damages will be investigated.
The equipment for checkout was purchased to enable faculty and students to enhance and further the academic experience. You are borrowing equipment that others wish to use as well. Abuse of this privilege by using the equipment improperly, or by not returning it on time will result in the suspension of your privilege to borrow equipment in the future.