See also: Getting to the Hardin Library for maps & directions
You have several options for parking near the library:
1. Purchase a Night & Weekend parking permit. This will give you access (from 4:30 pm to 8:30 am weekdays and all weekend long) to the Newton Road Ramp and any other UI cashiered parking facility without paying an hourly charge. See Parking & Transportation’s Student Parking and Bus Pass Information. $14/month.
2. Park free in lot 40 (by the Dental School) from 9:00 pm to 5:30 am weekdays and all weekend long. Note: avoid lot 40 during most athletic events and all lots during home football games.
3. Obtain a night permit decal for your car. It’s free and will enable you to pay student hourly rates at select cashiered facilities (including the Newton Road Ramp) from 4:30 pm to 8:30 am weekdays and all weekend long. Be aware that entering before 4:30 pm or leaving after 8:30 am invalidates the rate reduction. See Parking & Transportation’s Student Parking and Bus Pass Information. Decal is free, parking is .75/hour with decal.
4. Use the metered parking located behind Hardin Library. The meters allow up to 2 hours of parking. These meters take change only and please note that Hardin does not have a change machine. $1.50/hour.
5. Park your motorcycle or moped at the Newton Road Ramp. Purchase an annual permit from Parking. $108/9 months.
If you have any questions about where to park, please contact the University of Iowa Parking and Transportation Department at 335-1475.