See also: Getting to the
Hardin Library for maps & directions
You have several options for parking near
1. Purchase a Night & Weekend parking permit. This will give you access (from 4:30 pm to 8:30
am weekdays and all weekend long) to the Newton Road Ramp and
any other UI cashiered parking facility without paying an hourly
charge. See Parking & Transportation’s Student Parking and Bus Pass Information
2. Park free in lot 40 (by the Dental School)
from 4:30 pm to 5:30 am weekdays and all weekend long. Note: avoid lot 40
during most athletic events and all lots during home football games.
3. Obtain a night permit decal for your car.
It’s free and will enable you to pay student hourly rates at select
cashiered facilities (including the Newton Road Ramp) from 4:30
pm to 8:30 am weekdays and all weekend long. Be aware that entering
before 4:30 pm or leaving after 8:30 am invalidates the rate reduction. See Parking & Transportation’s Student Parking and Bus Pass Information
4. Use the metered parking located behind Hardin
Library. The meters allow up to 2 hours of parking.
5. Park your motorcycle or moped at the Newton Road Ramp. Purchase an annual permit from Parking.
If you have any questions about where to park, please
contact the University of Iowa Parking and Transportation Department at 335-1475.