Library users may request that materials owned by one University of Iowa Library be sent and held for pickup at another University of Iowa Library, delivered to an office on the UI campus through campus mail, or delivered to a remote user (i.e. city further than 30 miles from Iowa City).
Requests should be placed by logging in to InfoHawk+ at search.lib.uiowa.edu. Requests submitted will be processed the following day (excluding weekends and holidays) and will be delivered within five working days. An email notification will be sent when items are available for check-out or when they leave the owning library, if delivered to an office or a remote location. The loan period begins when the material is checked out. Staff at the owning library will contact you if requested material is not located or is not included in this service.
Exceptions to Delivery Services
- State Historical Society of Iowa and their materials.
- Materials that circulate for 7 days or less cannot be sent to an office or a remote location. Materials that circulate for 3 days or less cannot be sent to another library. Examples are reserve items, media material, reference material, Law Library Building items, and Shelf Copies.
- Many collections may have additional circulation restrictions. Staff at the owning library will contact you if material is not located or is not included in the delivery service.
- Items can be retrieved for pickup at the same library, with the exception of the Art Library, Engineering Library, and Music Library.
- Office delivery is not available to Law student carrels.
- Office delivery is not available to students living in the dorms.
- Remote delivery is not available to College of Law users or from the Law Library collection.
- Remote delivery is not available to locations within 30 miles from Iowa City. Excluded cities are: Ainsworth, Amana, Atalissa, Atkins, Cedar Rapids, Columbus City, Columbus Junction, Conesville, Conroy, Coralville, Ely, Fairfax, Hiawatha, Hills, Homestead, Iowa City, Kalona, Keota, Letts, Lisbon, Lone Tree, Marion, Nichols, North Liberty, Martelle, Mechanicsville, Middle Amana, Morley, Moscow, Mount Vernon, North English, Norway, Oxford, Parnell, Riverside, Robins, Solon, South Amana, Springville, Stanwood, Swisher, Tiffin, Tipton, Walford, Washington, Watkins, Wellman, West Branch, West Chester, West Liberty, Williamsburg, and Wilton.
Campus Mail Information
Campus Mail delivery is not available to students living in the dorms. Campus Mail is currently picked up at the Main Library at approximately 6:30am and 1:00pm and at 8:30am at the Hardin Library. Branch libraries will have different pick-up times. For a list of branch libraries and other building delivery routes and times, please see http://www.uiowa.edu/printmail/mailsvc/campus/campmail.shtml.
Materials may be returned in person at any campus library. Materials may also be returned via campus mail using a item return slip or a handwritten note that includes your name and the date the item was returned.
- Art Library – 235 ABW
- Business Library – C320 PBB
- Engineering Library – 2001 SC
- Hardin Library – 100 HLHS
- Law Library – 200 BLB
- Main Library – 100 MAIN LIB
- Music Library – 2006 LIB
- Sciences Library – 104A SL
Remote Delivery Information
When placing your request, please enter in your complete shipping address, including a street number. We cannot deliver to P.O. boxes. There is a 50 character limit, so please email email@example.com if your address does not fit in the available space. Materials are delivered via standard rate UPS to a home address and should arrive within one week. Return of the materials by the due date is the responsibility of the user and if not returned in person, a traceable delivery system in highly recommended (i.e. UPS or FedEx). The return shipping address is University of Iowa Main Library, 125 W. Washington Street, Iowa City, IA 52242.
All Branch Libraries provide circulation services. Please visit our Campus Libraries page for contact information.