print page banner

The University of Iowa Libraries

Hardin Library for the Health Sciences

Hardin Library for the Health Sciences – a Photographic History (10)

< previous | home | next >

Hall of Natural Sciences (MacBride Hall), 1907-1925

The Hall of Natural Sciences (now MacBride Hall), erected in 1904, became home to the General Collection in 1907.  The Medical Library was also removed to this location where it remained until 1925.

A view of the Natural Sciences Building, showing the east portico.  The library collections were housed on the first floor and the basement.

A view of the Natural Sciences Building, showing the east portico. The library collections were housed on the first floor and the basement.