print page banner

The University of Iowa Libraries

Hardin Library for the Health Sciences

Hardin Library for the Health Sciences – a Photographic History (11)

< previous | home | next >

Hall of Natural Sciences (MacBride Hall), 1907-1925

Because of crowded conditions, the stacks were closed to browsing almost from the beginning; many books were kept in individual offices while many others were kept in small departmental libraries across the campus.

The Reading Room for the general collection on the first floor of the Natural Sciences Building.  Most of the general collection would remain in this building until the Main Library was constructed in 1951.

The Reading Room for the general collection on the first floor of the Natural Sciences Building. Most of the general collection would remain in this building until the Main Library was constructed in 1951.