print page banner

The University of Iowa Libraries

Hardin Library for the Health Sciences

Hardin Library for the Health Sciences – a Photographic History (2)

< previous | home | next >

South Hall, 1864-1882

In 1872, two years after the University of Iowa medical school was founded, the General Assembly allocated $500 for books for the medical library. At that time, The Medical School (built in 1864) was located in South Hall. No records exist however, regarding the location of the library.

South Hall 1864-1882