print page banner

The University of Iowa Libraries

Hardin Library for the Health Sciences

Hardin Library for the Health Sciences – a Photographic History (22)

< previous | home | next >

Medical Laboratory Building, 1928-1974

The Medical Library included four floors of open stacks.  Typical of many libraries of the time, the passageways were narrow and the floors were separated with low, translucent ceilings. A dumb waiter was used to move the books from one floor to another.  [photo, c. 1967]

Medical Laboratory Building, 1928-1974