print page banner

The University of Iowa Libraries

Hardin Library for the Health Sciences

Hardin Library for the Health Sciences – a Photographic History (3)

< previous | home | next >

Medical Building, 1882-1901

In 1882, a new Medical Building was erected immediately to the south of South Hall. At this time, specific space was allotted to the some 500 volumes that comprised the collection.

Pentacrest

This photo, taken in the 1890s, is looking northwest and shows from left to right, the Medical Building, South Hall, Old Capitol, and North Hall.