print page banner

The University of Iowa Libraries

Hardin Library for the Health Sciences

Hardin Library for the Health Sciences – a Photographic History (8)

< previous | home | next >

Hall of Liberal Arts (Schaeffer Hall), 1902-1907

The General Library, which had incorporated the medical library after the 1901 fire, moved in January 1902 to the new Hall of Liberal Arts (now Schaeffer Hall).  The new quarters, while fire-proof were so cramped, that many departmental libraries grew up within the building and throughout the campus.

Picture8