print page banner

The University of Iowa Libraries

Hardin Library for the Health Sciences

Hardin Library for the Health Sciences – a Photographic History (9)

< previous | home | next >

Hall of Liberal Arts (Schaeffer Hall), 1902-1907

Almost from the beginning, the medical library was referred to as the Ranney Memorial Medical Library owing to the generous contributions of Mrs. Mark Ranney of Mt. Pleasant who bequeathed her late husband’s personal collection, first in 1883, and later in 1901 following the Medical Building fire.

The Mark Ranney Memorial Library, 305, Hall of Liberal Arts

The Mark Ranney Memorial Library, 305, Hall of Liberal Arts