- (319) 335-6686 Mark Onken, Reserve Supervisor
- (319) 384-2883 Sarah Andrews, Access Services Supervisor
- Books and media in University of Iowa Libraries collections may be placed on semester reserve.
- Your personal books and media may be placed on semester or permanent reserve.
- Journal articles available only in print and owned by University of Iowa Libraries can be scanned by Hardin staff for use with ICON course.
Before you request reserves:
- Review the University of Iowa Libraries course reserve policy.
- Instructors are responsible for determining if their use of copyrighted material falls within Fair Use or if they need to obtain permission to use the material. The Copyright Management Center at IUPU provides a check list to aid in making fair use evaluations. Further information about copyright is also available on the Libraries’ Copyright website.
- All e-reserves (PDF’s, links etc.) are made available to students through ICON. Instructors need to give Hardin staff access to their ICON sites. Please read our ICON Instructions for Instructors .
- To make journal articles and other materials available for students, please visit the Instructions for linking to electronic articles LibGuide.
- The Hardin Library does not place photocopies on reserve.
Place your requests:
- Fill out form
- Requests to place materials on reserve can be made in person, or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- You will receive confirmation when the materials are placed on reserve.
Contact Mark Onken or call (319) 335-6686 if you have any questions regarding the operation of the reserve system or to renew a list currently on reserve.