The University of Iowa Libraries

Skip to content
print page banner

A Pictorial History: The New Library Building – “Main Library”

Moving In – April 7, 1951

Moving Books

A “human chain” was formed to move books from the Reserve Library in theĀ Old Armory to the new building. (Iowa Digital Library: http://digital.lib.uiowa.edu/cdm/ref/collection/ictcs/id/17700)

Greeks Help Move In

The Greek houses helped move books. (Iowa Digital Library: http://digital.lib.uiowa.edu/cdm/ref/collection/ictcs/id/17718)

Uncrating Books

Uncrating some of the books in the new facility. (Iowa Digital Library: http://digital.lib.uiowa.edu/cdm/ref/collection/ictcs/id/17719)