Instructors can place print materials and media on course reserve for use by students. E-reserves (online video, PDFs or links to e-articles) are made available to students through ICON.
- ICON support website
- Online video (discover what is available through Swank Digital Campus)
- Swank Digital Campus (Streaming video titles the University of Iowa has licensed from Swank.)
Students can use these materials throughout the semester. Search InfoHawk to find the location and call number (see below).
Copyright and Fair Use
Instructors are responsible for determining if their use of copyrighted material falls within Fair Use or if they need to obtain permission to use the material. Visit the Libraries’ copyright website for information on how to make this determination: http://guides.lib.uiowa.edu/copyright
Information about the process, timeframe, and exceptions for placing items on course reserve: http://www.lib.uiowa.edu/about/policies/coursereserves/.
Submit a request
- Main Library Reserve Online Request Form
- Hardin Library Reserve Request Form
- Art Library Reserve Request Form
- Business Library Reserve Request Form
- Music Library Reserve Request Form
- Sciences Library Reserve Request Form