- The Chinese Collection has over 150,000 volumes, including about 110,000 volumes in Chinese, and more than 400 current Chinese periodicals, covering subject areas in the Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences.
- The Chinese Writer Collection housed in the UI Library Special Collection was established in 1992. It collects literary works and manuscripts by Chinese writers around the world who attended the Writers Workshop founded and directed by Paul Engle for many years and the International Writing Program founded by Paul and Hualing Nieh Engle during the 1960s at the University of Iowa. Here is a list of the writers.
- The collection is, in particular, strong in Chinese history, literature, dialectology, religion, and Dunhuang studies. The David Middleton Reed Collection includes, among other things, the Siku Quanshu.
- The Chinese Film and Theatre Collection includes Chinese film and theatre titles in various formats. It has more than 1300 titles covering Chinese films and theatres, dated back as early as the 1920s. It is located in Media Services Center, Main Library. Users can search this collection through our library on-line catalog, InfoHawk.
- The Chinese Medical Journal Collection is noted and widely used across the nation. Here is a list of these journals (.pdf).